Sunday, October 13th, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
on the Country Competition Stage (Beside the Ag Alive Tent)
NEW: Pre-Registration online on AssistExpo by October 4th, 2019
Chairperson: Kathryn Lilko– 905-978-2025
Committee: Allison Foulser, Craig Foulser, Carolyn Eddy, Bill Hinrichs, Alyssa Mabee, Jessica Mabee, Karen Mabee.
Rules & Regulations:
- Open to boys & girls 14 years of age & under.
- Pets must belong to the exhibitor’s family.
- Animals must be on a leash or caged.
- Pets may not exceed 200 lbs.
- Children MUST be able to control their pet without the aid of a parent on stage.
- No Entry Fee required
- PET/ DOG POLICY: Pets are NOT allowed entry to the Rockton Fairgrounds except canine & pet show competitors. Competitors must vacate immediately after the competition. Licensed dog guides & service animals are welcomed. (Identification from accredited service animal schools such as those listed at IGDF or ADI may be requested)
- Merit Ribbons given to all entries.
Prizes: 1st: $4, 2nd: $3.75, 3rd: $3.50, 4th: $3.25, 5th: $3
Merit Ribbons are given to all entried
Grand Champion Pet Prize: Trophy Sponsored by: Ken Sheppard Family
All first prize winners are eligible. No previous winners are eligible. To be competed for annually, the designation to be held by the winner for one year.
Trophies won will be presented at Awards Night, November 22, 2019
Free doughnuts. Sponsor: Tim Horton's (after the show)
Gift Bags Sponsored by: Settler's Feed Supplies
Fancy Turnout - Dog
Fancy Turnout Cat
Fancy Turnout - Any Other Pet
Most Colourful Pet
Child who does the most jumping jacks while their dog sits and stays
Your Pet on Wheels, any pet.
Rabbit with the largest feet
The Master most resembling his/ her pet without costumes
Best performance, any pet
The best pair of look-a-like-pets
The Larget Cat
Rockton Fair Mascot (Burgundy & Gold Colours)
Best Purebred Adult Dog - Small (Papers not required)
Best Purebred Adult Dog -Large (Papers not required)
Special: In memory of Harold Gairdiner, presented by his family. Prize: $10
1st Place winner of 1A, 1B, 1C
Special: Mr. Edward R. Biddle Trophy to be presented
Special: Mr. Paul Biddle Trophy to be presented
Special: Trophy Sponsored by: The Hinrichs Family
Special: The Bandit Trophy presented in Memory. Sponsor: Gowland Family
Special: In Memory of Torie, a Jack Russell. Sponsor: The Graham Family